Originally called Wilbur Wright Field, the government installation was first opened in 1917 to train military personnel during the first World War. Soon, Fairfield Air Depot was created, adjacent to Wright Field. In 1924, McCook Field test facility was closed, and the Dayton community purchased 4,500 acres which housed the various facilities. This took in the previously leased land of Wright Field, and the Wright and Fairfield facilities were combined into one. The newly created facility was named after the innovators of flight, the Wright Brothers.
On July 6, 1931, the area east of Huffman Dam, which included Wilbur Wright Field, Fairfield Air Depot, and the Huffman Prairie was renamed Patterson Field. This was to honor the memory of Lt. Frank Stuart Patterson. Patterson died in 1918, when a plane he was flying a test in, crashed after its wings separated from the craft. In 1948, the fields were merged under one name, Wright-Patterson AFB.
Wright-Patterson is instrumental in testing new weapon technology, along with research and development, education, and many other defense related operations. It is the home of the Air Force Institute of Technology, supporting the Air Force and the Department of Defense. The USAF's National Air & Space Intelligence Center is also part of Wright-Patterson.
The base was well known for reverse engineering of foreign government aircraft during the Cold War. The base expertise in the disassembly and recreation of MIG fighters has only enriched the theories that alien craft have been studied there. The workforce is estimated at 22,000, giving us an idea of the massive amount of work being done at the base.
Wright-Patterson is most well known for its connection to the Roswell crash, although links can be made to other crash retrievals. Several eyewitness accounts of military personnel and even civilian workers who handled debris from the Roswell crash, and saw bodies of creatures not of our world, give us a very plausible Wright-Patterson connection to the study of alien technology and physiology.
The same day that the famous Roswell headlines ran in newspapers around the world, there was an enormous amount of activity at the Roswell base. Some debris from the crash, and possibly alien bodies were sent to Ft. Worth, Texas. It is now commonly accepted by researchers that before the Ft. Worth flight, another flight to Wright-Patterson had already taken place, carrying debris and alien bodies. This shipment was secretly stored and studied in the infamous Hangar-18.
UFO researcher Thomas J. Carey, coauthor of "Witness to Roswell," states that: "We believe some of the stuff was loaned around, but the main repository was the foreign technology division at Wright-Patterson. "We've heard stories over the years of people who say that they're still trying to figure out what that stuff is."
Could this alien material and technology be so advanced, that even after many years of study by our best scientists, they still fall short in understanding the secrets behind it? If scientists could have unlocked even some of the technological advancements of the ship's inner workings and navigational systems, could it not have been the creative impetus behind the Stealth series of aircraft, and the seemingly rapid advancement of our weaponology and technology in the last 50+ years? It would only make good sense to assume that the answer to this question is a resounding, "Yes!"
Much of the eyewitness testimony concerning the secrets of Wright-Patterson comes to us from military personnel, children of eyewitnesses, close friends, and coworkers of those intimately involved with crash debris wreckage and/or alien bodies. Some of these stories have only emerged in the last few years.
A Canadian Ufologist related the following account to me. He received it first hand from a gentleman whose father served at Roswell. The man's story begins in 1957. He and his father went to see the sci-fi classic, "Earth vs. The Flying Saucers." After the movie had ended, they began their journey home. As they drove along, he noticed that his father was uncharacteristically quiet. Finally, the silence was broken when his father said, "They were too big." This was obviously a reference to the aliens depicted in the film.
The man's father then told his long kept secret. In 1947, he had been stationed at Wright Field. He was a member of a film unit there. One day, he and a fellow worker were summoned by an officer to get their 16mm movie cameras and follow him. The two workers were led by the officer to a heavily guarded airplane hanger, more than likely Hangar-18, although the man's father did not say. Inside the hanger, they were shocked to see a badly damaged, circular space craft. There was debris from the UFO wreckage scattered over a large area, on a canvas tarp. The officer instructed the two cameramen to take film of anything and everything in sight. The two men discharged their duties in due fashion.
Upon finishing this first assignment, they were then summoned to the very rear of the hanger. They were taken inside of a refrigeration unit there. The man's father told his son that he was stunned to see two storage bins which held the bodies of two, small alien creatures! The beings were very thin, gray in color, with large eyes, but no eyelids. One of these beings had obviously suffered bodily damage, while the other showed no apparent signs of injury.
Continue with Part 2.